Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Another new social network!?!

As I was looking at PR Week online I noticed an article about another new social network. I think I am becoming more aware of all the social networks out there since I have been joining so many. The site is called the Daylight Network.

PR Week explained that the new network is political in nature. It allows users to follow governmental money, make predictions on the administration and suggest non-government responses to the economy. The creator of the site, Aaron Day, says his goal for the site is to help figure out a way to get out of economic crisis using a wide range of solutions. Day wants to attract people to his site who have been impacted by what's happening with the economy. He said,“People are turning to the Webs and blogs [in response to the failing economy]. There is this large mass of untapped energy with ideas for debate.” 

I support Day's new idea for a political blog about the economy. I think it is important for all of us to feel informed about what is going on with our government. I think sometimes the media tends to hype the problems of the economy which creates even more problems. It is vital for us to be accurately informed about what is going on in our economy so we can make wise decisions for ourselves. I think this website is a great tool for everyday people to network with other everyday people within our economy. This website could really be a great tool in helping the US get out of the economic crisis. 


No comments:

Post a Comment