Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Farewell LASC..We did it!


It seems absolutely crazy to me that I have actually completed my Public Relations concentration here at Georgia College. It feels like just yesterday I declared my major, and was sitting in Bob Lee’s Principles of Public Relations class. Although the last few years have flown by I have definitely learned a lot. After countless press releases, newspaper articles, interviews, group projects and lots of events I can say I am much more prepared for the real-word than I could have imagined. Ending my PR classes is definitely a bittersweet feeling, but there are a few things I will definitely take away from this experience.

  1. Never trust people…without a written agreement! (I think Ladies Lawn night can agree we learned this the hard way.)
  2. You can not procrastinate in Public Relations, and waiting until the last minute is never a good thing. (You can’t do an interview in the middle of the night and deadlines will always sneak up on you.)
  3. Never be afraid to talk to people. (What’s the worst that can happen?)
  4. People are almost always willing to help you. (So don’t be afraid to ask!)
  5. Always introduce yourself to people. (It helps build your network, and it couldn't hurt, right?)
  6. Details are important and you can never be over-prepared. (Especially when it comes to event planning!)
  7. Don’t sweat the small stuff. (Something will always go wrong the day of event, but not freaking out is imperative. Take a deep breath and figure it out!)
  8. Delegation is key! (You can’t always do everything by yourself.)
  9. Write everything down or you might forget it! (My planner is my life saver.)
  10. LASC is the best J (Never EVER have SC at an event!!!!!)

1 comment: