Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Ladies Lawn Night is a Success!

Ladies Lawn Night has been a huge learning experience. When i heard that the campaign was planning an entire campaign for the CW's two newest shows I will admit I felt a little overwhelmed. I remember picking my group, and knowing we had to get started planning immediately.

After doing research we formulated the plan for our big event "Ladies Lawn Night." The madness of event planning began quickly, and I pleased to say that the event went extremely well.

We directed our event directly at girls, specifically younger girls living in the dorm. We had a fashion show, a jazz band, lots of local boutiques, the school radio station and of course a big screen to show Melrose and 90210. While planning we still had to do some MAJOR publicity to get word out about this big event that we had been working so hard on. We used every possible medium to reach girls on the campus of GCSU. My group was so amazing working on this project. We had no problems with anyone not doing what was asked. I think we all equally wanted this event to be a success!

Now that the actual event is over there are a few BIG things I want to take away.

1. Details, details, details - You can never be over-organized or over-prepared
2. Never trust anyone, and ALWAYS double check EVERYTHING - This makes me sad, but I definitely learned my lesson
3. Sometimes simple is good - enough said.
4. Ask - I feel like so many sponsors helped us out with this event and all we had to do was ask. I was really surprised.
5. Be flexible - Sometimes things don't go exactly how you have it planned, but it's ok to just roll with it.

I could really go on and on, but that is just a short list for now. Doing a campaign from A to Z is definitely not for the weak! Now that the event is over it is time for the infamous CAMPAIGN BOOK! I better fasten my seatbelt... here we go!


No comments:

Post a Comment